Sunday, January 13, 2013

Neiman Marcus for Target


I'm baaack :)  I think about this blog everyday and have set a goal to post more often.  I want to start the New Year off with a post about an interesting business venture.  I majored in Fashion Merchandising and Business so this partnership definitely intrigues me! I worked for 3 years at Neiman Marcus and came to know the "culture" of the company.  I would love to read the business proposal behind this.Top designers that sell at Neimans paired with Target to sell some of their items in NM and Target, at a lower price point. I can see how this idea would translate well for the Neimans customer (getting designer items at lower prices) but never thought it would translate well for the Target customer.  I went into Target the day the line was launched and I asked the checker if the collection was selling fast and he had no idea what I was talking about.  LOL.  Most of the items are sold out at Neimans but they can't give them away at Target.  The collection is 70% off and I wanted to share a few of my favorite items.

Eddie Borgo letter opener and box.




I was friends with Eddie Borgo in high school.  He is now a jewelry designer and his collection is sold at Neimans and Bergdorf.
Here we are are back in the good old days of high school.


Tory Burch lunch box and thermos

I received the lunch box for my birthday and I love it.  What's not to love about Tory Burch.  It's perfect for packing healthy snacks or as a cosmetics travel case.



Tracy Reese Dessert Plates
I missed out on these but would take 4 sets.



Diane Von Furstenberg Yoga Mat
I have the feeling one of these is on it's way for me for my birthday.  Thanks, blondie :)



Did anyone else find anything they love?
I hope you didn't pay full price for anything :)

Here's the whole collection:




These are my favorites!
Love,
Laura

2 comments:

aunt kissen said...

I was shocked that NM paired up with Target. Surprised that NM would entertain the idea of pairing their name with someone as far down as Target.:) Whoever proposed this must be a great salesman/lady! Not surprised that it didn't go over well. Would have loved #7, but couldn't find it anywhere when the 70% busted out.

Jenny said...

Glad you are back! I love your posts. Wish we lived closer!